Celebrating the history, people and culture of Japan, the Omaha Sister Cities Association and Lauritzen Gardens will host the Japanese Ambience Festival, with a variety of activities for the whole family.
Festival features include:
- Origami, calligraphy, chop stick practice & special dance by the UNO - Shizuoka University ILUNO students
- Japanese games and circle dance by the Omaha Japanese School
- Japanese rice cracker snacks & Green Tea
- Kite play for children with koinobori
- Ikebana and bonsai displays in the Visitor Center
- Special performances will be given by Kokyo Taiko drummers, Koto music, and various martial arts demonstrations.
$7 adult or $3 ages 6 to 12; Garden fee or free if Garden memberMost Ambience activities are free, though some have a minimal cost to cover expenses.
Hope to see you there!
October 5 and 6
9:00am - 5:00pm
100 Bancroft Street